NorCal, Universities, and Cherry Blossom Trees

Hey friends!

So I'm just back from a road trip with my family. It's currently my spring break, and we decided to spend part of the week off driving for long hours up the coast to visit (cue the intense, dramatic music) potential colleges (duh duh duh)! It was a wild week, full of interesting food experiences, amazing architecture, a fair amount of both excitement and overwhelm, and beautiful, blooming flowers. Taking this trip in spring was so special; all the flowers were blooming and everything smelled like heaven. Even though I was attacked by allergies it was still so worth it. I took a whole bunch of photos, so I thought I'd do a little show and tell about my trip for you all. Enjoy :)

Driving

This trip definitely included a lot of time in the car. I'm a little strange in the sense that I treasure long hours spend in the back of a car, listening to music and watching the world go by. My friend and I made each other playlists to take on our trips. It's really pleasant to watch rolling hills and blue skies go by while listening to The Smiths. And just look at those clouds!



The Capitol

We began our trip in Sacramento, where we had the chance to tour the capitol building. Look how gorgeous the grounds were!







UC Davis

Our first college tour was of the University of California, Davis. I was very impressed by the beautiful, modern campus, and the emphasis on agriculture and environmental sciences. Not to mention the cute town of Davis outside the campus, where we enjoyed crepes and spent some time sitting in a park and enjoying the warm spring air. It was overall a lovely day.







San Francisco

Next we headed down the coast to San Francisco, which was such a special experience. I love the city and it was a lot of fun for me to experience it's modern, exciting, and historical vibe. We drove through nearly the whole city, and then ended our driving tour at the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate park, which was beautifully in bloom. We also ate some delicious noodles in China town, and appreciated the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge.











UC Berkeley

While in San Francisco, we had the opportunity to visit the University of California, Berkeley. Oh my gosh guys, that campus is like the Athens of the college world. Wow. The architecture was stunning and so gorgeous. Not to mention the awesome little town right outside the campus- I ate a burrito, got green tea ice cream, and found all my favorite artist's CD's in this neat retro music store. Way cool.









Stanford

Our next school tour was of Stanford, located in Silicon Valley. That campus was perfect in every way. It was neat to have the chance to visit and consider such a prestigious school.




Santa Cruz

We then headed down to the beach town of Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz is neat in the fact that it's both right on the ocean and right next to the forest. Our inn was right on the beach, so I got to fall asleep hearing the waves crash against the shore. I slept the best at that hotel for sure. 


UC Santa Cruz

The last school on our tour was the University of California Santa Cruz. This school had a very woodsy vibe, being right in the middle of an amazing redwood forest. But you could still see a beautiful ocean view from the field. What an amazing campus!





xx


And that was my trip! I had a wonderful time, but I'm also happy to be home. I have so many things to consider about my future, it's both overwhelming and exciting. You guys have any preferences? Drop me a comment about your favorite school :)

14 comments :

  1. LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! Also San Francisco is one of my favorite places! I love the bay also those are super pretty colleges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V!! I know, SF is amazing, and the colleges were indeed gorgeous :) Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  2. that looks so awesome!! i would love to visit san francisco someday :) all of those colleges were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I highly recommend, San Francisco is very exciting :)

      Delete
  3. Your trip sounds so fun! That capital building is gorgeous, wow. (I still must maintain that we in Iowa have the best one, though XD).

    SAN FRAN YES I LOVE THAT CITY SO MUCH. The Tea Garden is so beautiful <3 I wish a person could visit it without any other tourists there. Did you see Ghirardelli Square or the Asian Art Museum?

    AHHH YESS BERKELEY. That's definitely a school on my top ten list. We're doing college visits in June; I think we'll hit Brown, Dartmouth, Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Georgetown, and maybe a few others.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks haha. Ooh I don't doubt it then haha, I've never seen the Iowa capitol building but I'm sure it's spectacular. Yes SF is the best I had such a great time there. I got to see Ghiradeli square briefly from the car, and unfortunately I did not get to see the Asian Art Museum. Hopefully next time-- we only really had a day so I was sort of just along for the ride as my sisters did most of the choosing. But my one input was the tea garden so I'm really happy we got to visit there! I knowwww Berkeley is so amazing. ((if you go there let's be roommates k that would make my whole college experience we could just cram the room full of books and tea and when everyone else goes out we'll just curl up and read until 2 am sounds good to me)) That's an awesome list-- I can't wait to hear about how it goes, be sure to post about it on your blog! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great trip! :) I'm the same when it comes to long car journeys - I love looking out the window and seeing the landscape pass by x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Yes, day-dreaming while in the car is so lovely :)

      Delete
  5. Your trip sounds like it went really well! I love long car journeys, too, mostly because they give me a long period of interrupted time to read books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Ah yes, unfortunately I can give motion sick rather easily, so I'm unable to read in the car :( It makes me so sad. But I do enjoy thinking and listening to music

      Delete
  6. Woah these photos are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great trip!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete