Rose-Gold


i hike
to the peak of a mountain
tips tinted rose-gold in the sun
my bare toes scratched by the loose pieces of granite
i stand at the edge
so i can see the curvature of the earth
its surface rounded
i watch as it spins through starry-eyed space
a blue and green marble
i open my lips and let out a silent cry
for what i don't know
my fingers uncurl to reveal three wilted dandelions
nestled in my calloused palm
i watch as the wind sweeps them into her arms
their cheerful yellow petals floating in open air
and they drifted down until i could no longer see them
and on my palm i paint a childish flower
my finger a pen dipped in blood-ink from my tongue
and i pressed this painting against the sky
stamped its cerulean surface crimson
dead skin was buried in the sand
my lips brush my wrist
and i remind myself
of all i have left to do on this marble
spinning through starry-eyed space

xx

i apologize for the random picture it has nothing to do with the poem but hey you guys like my figure drawing haha?

6 comments :

  1. really love these drawing!! my new years resolution was to try to draw every day to get better at it and seeing other people like me do it kinda helps me get motivated to do it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree- seeing inspiration from other artists really does help motivate you so much. I'm glad I was able to be an inspiration to you-- that means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! This is an awesome poem, I write a lot of poetry on my blog myself, this is really good. I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much // Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeani!!

      Thanks so much for your sweet comment <3 I am so glad you enjoy my blog-- I love hearing from followers so much, it really makes my day! And welcome to the blogosphere! I would be happy to stop by-- I'll go check it out right now. Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. I am in love with your poem and I am in love with your drawing. Absolutely stunning!

    - Nicole :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I´m so glad you like it :)

      Delete