Mixtape: Trying to Remember

mixtape: noun a compilation of favorite pieces of music [or other inspiration], typically by different artists, recorded onto a cassette tape [or blog] or other medium by an individual.

trying to remember: empty fields, blurry polaroids, things you forgot you said, half-erased journal entries, old playlists, scratched CDs, wildflowers, that unmistakable scent you can't quite place, blanks canvases, her name, his name, mud footprints, scraped knees, deep breaths, closed eyes, silence


links
https://unsplash.com
http://downbythewillows.blogspot.com
http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com

playlist
Somebody Else- the 1975
Get Home- Bastille
Why am I the One- Fun.
All Alright- Fun.
March to the Sea- Twenty-Øne Piløts
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight- The Postal Service
Four Walls- Bastille
Take it Back- Nate Ruess
Overjoyed- Bastille
Truce- Twenty-Øne Piløts
Photograph- Ed Sheeran
Colors- Halsey
Intro- The xx
If I Believe You- the 1975

pinterest mood board
https://www.pinterest.com/moodmixtapes/trying-to-remember/

reads
The History of Love- Nicole Krauss
All the Bright Places- Jennifer Niven
A Monster Calls- Patrick Ness

art
via Edgar Degas

via Cynthia Tedy

via Mali Fischer






10 comments :

  1. these posts are actually my favorite, they make me feel a certain way. love it.

    ~ noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoy them Noor and that I'm able to translate that feeling across. :) Thanks for your sweet comment <3

      Delete
  2. I swear, these posts are my absolute favorite. They each have such a unique vibe; I love it. It's crazy how strongly you can get a feeling across through words on a screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah, I love that whole concept of trying to communicate emotions and moments and feelings. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. "really looking forward to the part" That's an interesting quote. I read it a couple of times. unsplash is an interesting site with lots of good images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-- It's interesting to think about. I feel like everyone can have a different take on it. Unsplash is great-- I love just looking through all those great photos :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't visited in a long while but I'm really glad i did this time! Gonna check out the songs on your playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! So glad you stopped by :) Enjoy the songs!

      Delete
  5. Hey,
    I have featured you in my post 'Bright Lights' Please check it out!
    xxx TG
    targetgirlonline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey-- Wow thanks!! Will for sure check it out- I'm honored :)

      Delete