2017 Look-Forward


HAPPY NEW YEAR IT'S 2017!!!

So to kickoff 2017 I thought I'd sort of lay out some goals for this blog and such. So here's just a little list of general things I'm hoping to do more of this year. I would also love to just get some general feedback, so if you could please comment below with your favorite type of post to read on DDNT that would be so helpful. Thanks guys :)

-Post more art!! Where the heck did my sketchbook posts go? I recently noticed I haven't posted a sketchbook post in forever! And it's not for lack of drawing, because I've been super productive and have finished an entire sketchbook since my last post! I need to catch up on that.

-Mixtapes. My mixtapes were a lot of fun to compile and you readers seemed to enjoy them. I have a whole bunch of themes I'd like to do, so I need to spend some time working on those.

-Book Reviews. I've fallen way behind on book reviews-- I used to do one for every book I read but now it's one for every five books I read--oops. I need to get back into the habit of cranking those out as soon as I finish a book.

-Do Sketchbox Reviews again. I did these last year, and since I have a subscription again I think it would be fun to do those again. I was thinking I could actually use the materials during the month and then at the end of the month do a review on the box and all the things in it and talk about how I used them in actual art? We'll see if I'm able to do that, as sometimes I have more time to mess around with art supplies and sometimes I just have to stick to basics because of lack of adequate time to learn new techniques.

-POETRY. When does this blog not need more poetry? When does anything not need more poetry to be honest?

-Write more short stories. You all seem to enjoy my mini stories, and I really enjoy writing them. I think I could do a lot more.

So that's what I have, at least for now. I feel that I have quite a few Life posts already, so I probably will be keeping that amount pretty constant. Hopefully I will be able to execute more of these posts, maybe I should start actually planning things out and come up with a posting schedule haha. But anyways, Happy New Year everyone, please comment below with your suggestions! I look forward to spending 2017 together :)

12 comments :

  1. Happy New Year! I can't wait to read your future posts (and see your artwork).
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I look forward to posting :)

      Delete
  2. Happy 2017!! can't wait to see what you post this year!! yesss please do more mixtape posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Madeline :)-- I will be sure to do those!

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to more posts on here! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like life and short story posts. Here's to a great 2017!

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok awesome-- that is very helpful. Will do more of those then :) Yay, Happy 2017!

      Delete
  5. I hope you have the BEST year ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great 2017! :) I'm really looking forward to these posts, especially the mixtape ones.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! You too! Alright-- can't wait to publish them!

      Delete