2016 Look-Back


2016 has been an exciting year for me, blogging and otherwise. I grew a lot mentally and emotionally, read a lot of great books, met some new friends, became a fan of some more things, and lived a lot of memorable experiences. There were ups and downs and hurts and joys, but I am thankful for this year and all that it has left me with. To close it up, I thought I'd do a list-type post of all my favorite things in as many categories I can think of.

Books
Handmaid's Tale
Crystal Storms
The Waves
To Kill a Mockingbird
All the Bright Places
I'll Give You the Sun
A Monster Calls

Movies/Shows
Dr. Strange
Moana
Zootopia
Nightmare Before Christmas
Sherlock

Bands
Twenty-Øne Piløts
Bastille
Panic! at the Disco
Fun.
CHVRCHES
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club

Songs
Holding On To You-Twenty-One Piløts
Be Still My Heart- The Postal Service
Changing of the Season's- Two Door Cinema Club
Laughter Lines- Bastille
Fake It- Bastille
Famous Last Words- My Chemical Romance
Stand by You- Rachel Platten
All Alone- Fun.
Somebody Else- The 1975
Death of a Bachelor- Panic! at the Disco
Phoenix- Fall Out Boy

Blogs

Moments
lazy mornings spent reading on the couch
that football game
bee project
my best friend's brother's wedding
beach days with my friend
racing my friend to write writing 100 pages over the summer
painting the biggest painting I've ever painted
filling up art journals
watching my school's poetry slam
seeing Bastille in concert (I'm still screaming and it's been like three months)
just being with my Small Group in general
rain

Trips
Beach House
Disneyland
Lotusland
LA

Clothes
Dr. Martens
dark green converse
art print socks
black skinny jeans
yellow sweaters
green coats
chocker necklace 

Plays
You Can't Take it With You
Nine to Five

Art Supplies
watercolor paints
Stabilo pens
washi tape
black hardcover sketchbooks

Stores
Michaels
Any Bookstores
Thrift Stores
Zara

Apps/Media
Pinterest
Blogger (obviously)
Fable II (just got this for Christmas and started it- we'll see how it is)
Storyteller's Circle (RP forum)

Thanks for a great year friends, I look forward to continuing to blog and share my thoughts with you in 2017! Happy New Year!


6 comments :

  1. Wow, I love this favorites post! I'm glad you included I'll Give You the Sun, To Kill A Mockingbird, and A Monster Calls in your lists, as they're all amazing books :-)
    Holding On To You is such a good song!
    Have a great 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yesss- those books are so great, and Holding On To You is literally my favorite song ever gosh it's so good agh. I hope you have a great 2017 as well-- thank you for all your bright comments, they really have made me so happy this year <3

      Delete
  2. I love this so much, oh my goodness. And I love Death of a Bachelor!!!

    I hope that you have the most amazing year, Vivian. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Grace Anne! And yes-- it's such a rad song!

      Delete
  3. WOW! Thank you Vivian for the mention :D and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I've so enjoyed reading your blog this year! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete