Wisteria Writers Tag

A tag post! Yay!! I am so excited to participate in this! I was tagged by Vanessa and Mic-- go check them out both are amazing.

RULES
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the ten questions
3. Write ten questions of your own
4. Nominate ten other people for the tag!

Mic's Questions:

1. What is the name and what does she/he look like of your favored character? My favorite character I've ever written as of now is Emmanuel who is this artsy kid who plays a lot of video games. He's blond with blue eyes and not that tall, and wears T-shirts, jeans, and beat up Vans all the time. 

2. What would you describe your writing style as? I think my writing style is fairly descriptive, but I can't really describe it haha, this is hard question.

3. How much writing do you complete in a week? I have no idea to be honest- it depends on how busy I am and how inspired I guess.

4. Plotting...on a note card, in a notebook, or in your brain? I plot in a notebook.

5. What does your book couple's wedding look like? Oh my gosh haha this is too funny. Ok I feel like it would be on a mountain with the sun setting in the background, and they would time it perfectly so that they would kiss just as the sun sunk below the horizon. And yes that's cheesy but I'm sorry it's accurate.
6. Ever sketch your characters? Care to share? Um haha yes I do quite a bit actually. Here's one that's super cutesy but oh well it's the best one I have of my current WIP (I did it a while ago so of course I think it's awful but oh well)
7. When did you start to write? As soon as I learned I think. The oldest stuff I have is from second grade, when I was writing stories about leprechauns and dinosaurs.
8. What inspired you? Apparently leprechauns and dinosaurs.
9. What still inspires you? Other books, you writer-y bloggers, and my friend who writes with me.
10. And finally, what would your published book look like, inside and out? Ahh it depends which book it is- the contemporary one I'm working on now (with the above characters) would probably attempt to be very aesthetic and simple, and I'd be very persnickety about the font. My fantasy one that I'm plotting for Nano (screams because it's so soon help) would be the opposite- super busy with over the top fonts and an epic cover.

Vanessa's Questions: 

1. If you could have any writing power what would it be? To be able to think of valid plot twists haha.
2. How do you plot your books? In a journal, I just sort of brainstorm in one giant melting pot then try to sort it out. I do this more for fantasy plots- for contemporaries I just think up a million scenes in my head and then string them together as I'm writing (which is a bad strategy because eventually you run out of scenes and then you're screwed)
3. What is the most frustrating thing that has happened to you while writing? One time I worked really hard on a piece that I submitted into a writing contest and I didn't win and I was pretty disappointed (shallow I know but I spent SO much time on that thing)
4. What's your favorite thing to snack to have while writing? Gosh, I don't usually eat while writing to be honest, but I suppose it would be like crackers or carrots or something.
5. Which word would you say you write too often? I think I write silence and turned too often- I seem to have a lot of scenes where the characters sit in silence (AND NOW I JUST SIT IN SILENCE I'msorrythatwasyeahsorryihadto) and turn around or face something else if that makes sense?
6. Where do you get your writing inspiration? see above question :)
7. Longest amount of time you have written for? I guess I've written for the entire day a few times.
8. Most loved blog post? Of mine? I really love all my blog posts with poetry- First Day being my favorite right now because it's new and I don't hate it yet.
9. Tips for new book writers? haha I sort of consider myself a fairly new book writer (since I've never been published or anything) but I guess my advice to my peers is to not stress the first draft, and just throw everything you can think of into it and not edit it later.
10. Favorite season to write about? I think summer. You don't have to write about school in summer so that's fun.

My Questions:
1. Where do you like to write?
2. Favorite character you've written?
3. Do you give your characters ship names?
4. Favorite writing blogs?
5. Where do you get your writing inspiration?
6. Do you make Pinterest boards for your stories/characters?
7. Have you done NanoWrimo?
8. Do you listen to music while you write? What music?
9. Do you have a writing buddy or group that you share your progress with, or do you work mainly alone?
10. What do you do when you have the sudden inconvenient urge to write in a random place with no writing materials close to you?

I tag (even though you may have already done it I'm sorry): Ellie, Noor, Evelyn, and YOU

SaveSave

8 comments :

  1. FUN TAG! I am having a lot of fun reading everyone's answers to questions I and others ask! I love how you have dram characters! Your drawing are always something I enjoy about your blog! Oh my goodness! I swear I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO EATS WHILE SHE WRITES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was funny how you asked that question about eating and writing-- I spent like a solid minute trying to think if I had ever really eaten while writing. I do drink tea though- does that count? Glad you enjoyed the drawings and the tag- thanks for tagging me ;)

      Delete
  2. AHHHH THANK YOU FOR TAGGING ME. You came up with such fun questions! My posting schedule is pretty packed, but I'll definitely try fitting this in.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Ellie! I feel you- I've been so busy lately too. Glad you like my questions!

      Delete
  3. DUDE. THANK YOU FOR THE TAG. i'm getting on this pronto :)
    and omgggggg, your art is amazing.

    evelyn clickman @ if these stars shall fall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Evelyn you are literally the sweetest ever. You make me smile so much :D. Thank you thank you thank you! And I'm so excited to see your answers!

      Delete
  4. I love reading this tag so much! It's so interesting to see everyone's different answers and methods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- it's such a fun tag! Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete