Castles Mixtape

mixtape: noun a compilation of favorite pieces of music [or other inspiration], typically by different artists, recorded onto a cassette tape [or blog] or other medium by an individual.

castles: ramparts, balconies, dragons, drums, oil paints, rolling plains, lakes, whispers, corridors, crests, knights, princesses, princes, torches, tapestries, gold, silver, crowns


playlist
Icarus- Bastille
It Gets Better- Fun
To the Sky- Owl City
My Everything-Owl City
Such Great Heights- The Postal Service
Anna Sun- Walk the Moon
Touch the Sky- Julie Fowlis
Chasing the Sun- The Wanted
On Top of the World- Imagine Dragons
Castles- Strange Clouds
Mountain Sound- Of Monsters and Men
Fix my Eyes- For KING & COUNTRY
The Phoenix- Fall Out Boy
House of Gold-Twenty-One Pilots

links

pinterest mood board

reads
Falling Kingdoms-Morgan Rhodes
Incarceron-Catherine Fisher
The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien
Wuthering Heights- Emily Brontë

art
via John Hamilton Mortimer

via Su Hwan Bae

via Stephanie Pui Mun Law

so as this is my first ever mixtape let me know how you guys feel about it- are you inspired? also, is there any other things you'd like me to include?

8 comments :

  1. Ooh, I love this! I'm going to go listen to some of those songs right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think of the songs!

      Delete
  2. Castles on sale! For a second I was like yeah lets buy a castle... then I saw the prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah same. I thought that was kind of a fun site to include- I didn't know they even sold castles.

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I like how you included tons of different mediums.
    HOUSE OF GOLD AND PHOENIX YES.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good to hear- I'm glad you enjoyed it. I like all the mediums too. And YES I know such good songs- I've been listening to Phoenix practically on repeat lately XD

      Delete
  4. BASTILLE AND IMAGINE DRAGONS FOR THE WIN YES!!!
    (actually most of these songs are gold...don't even get me started)

    -Abigail
    sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Bastille is probably my favorite band right now-- all their sounds are so cool! And Imagine Dragons songs are all so much fun. I'm glad you like my playlist! Thanks Abigail!

      Delete