Faeries and Watercolor- Sketchbook

Sketchbook Post! I have lately been very inspired by a combination of whimsical pen drawings, pressed flowers, nature, the chimera of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series, and watercolor landscapes (plus succulents. Always succulents). Enjoy this sketchbook post :)





credit to my friend Megan for the idea- she had done a bunch of circle paintings and I tried to give one a try- I thought it turned out pretty neat


Stephanie Pui-Mun Law spread


some of you bloggers have been getting into watercolor lettering- I attempted it with some more watercolor circles-- I guess it's ok for a first try XD

 willow and eucalyptus

13 comments :

  1. An eucalyptus... that's such a unique tree to draw. Never would I have thought of something like that. Actually I have a lot of troubles deciding what to draw when I get around to it!! I like how the circle paining of the mt. turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hThank you! We have a lot of eucalyptus around here. I'm glad you enjoyed my art!

      Delete
  2. These are great! I love what you've done! Especially the blurry water effect you've given in some places :)

    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The blurry effect did turn out pretty cool- it was sort of an accident to be honest but I really like how it ended up.

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty and whimsical!
    Do you do calligraphy as well?
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have played with calligraphy a bit- I have a long way to go though if I hope to get good at it. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
    2. *sorry it was meant to be a ! not a . after that last sentence XD

      Delete
  4. these watercolour studies are lovely! I do love the circle idea.

    - kalopcia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The circles are so fun :)

      Delete
  5. Woah, skills. I especially love the first and third. Very cool and whimsical. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love how you combine all sorts of different media into your journal, it's so inspiring. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beatrice! You just brought a smile to my face :)

      Delete