A Serious Case Of Not Caring

Hello, hello, Doctor is it you?
Yes it is I, no I don’t have the flu
I’ve called you with something much more urgent you see,
And I sincerely hope that you can help me.
If only you could see how badly I’m faring,
I believe I’ve come down with a serious case of not caring!
My lack of motivation, hope and persistence
Is what caused me to ring you for assistance
You see I don’t care so much about anything at all,
I noticed it starting at the beginning of fall
It came on slowly,
And then all at once
Until suddenly nothing
Was worth all the fuss
Just ask my mother,
My sister
My brother
All I want to do is sit on the couch, nothing other!
I don’t care about school
I don’t care about books,
I don’t care about TV,
And I don’t care about looks
I don’t care about my friends, my family, my neighbors
I don’t care if I’m late and I don’t do anyone any favors
I don’t care if it’s raining or if the sky is blue,
And frankly I don’t care all that much about you!
I don’t care what I eat
I don’t care what I drink
I don’t really work
And I don’t really think
I just want to sleep,
And maybe do nothing
Why is this happening?
I swear I’m not bluffing
I need a cure quick,
For finals are coming
And track season is here so I need to start running
And do something other than what I’ve been doing
Oh doctor oh doctor I can’t stop boo-hooing
A need a subscription
An antibiotic
To save me from this terrible case of not-caring-o-chronic
Pills, medication, I’ll take it I will,
I can’t fail my classes, I have life in me still
So hurry it up,
Before I realize,
That I don’t really care so much about my demise
Oh no, wait!
I feel it coming on now,
Perhaps I should just go,
It doesn’t really matter
I’ll either live or die
Probably the latter
Oh doctor, please,
Can’t it wait till tomorrow?
You see I’ve got nothing to do and nobody to see
And I don’t really care what happens to me,
So just leave me alone to my hopeless fate,
I’m sure it’s not contagious, this tragic state
Oh no, don’t worry
I couldn’t care less,
Talk to you later,
Farewell and God bless
Don’t call don’t check up, it doesn’t matter how I’m faring
I’ve come down with a serious case of not caring
And I don’t really care about this phone call anymore
Goodbye dear doctor, this is too much of a chore.

I wrote this not because all of it is necessarily true, but because honestly we all feel like this sometimes. 
Plus, I find it rather amusing.

8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. haha- yep- I think everyone feel this sometimes XD

      Delete
  2. Everyone definitely feels this way sometimes! As I was reading this with is by the way awesome I was thinking it should be in a Shell Stilversteen book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you that really means so much to me <3

      Delete
  3. Ah I definitely can relate - A Summer of about 20 exams and I am SO NOT READY.
    Loved this by the way, it's made me want to restart writing poetry now!

    Lauren | Pretty Things & Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep. I think everyone feels like this sometimes. I am so glad I inspired you-- definitely start writing again. Writing poetry is my life.
      -Vivian

      Delete
  4. This is so funny and relatable! In all honesty, it's nice to see poetry that deals with having bad days without being pessimistic. This definitely made me smile!

    I'm so glad I found your blog and I'm looking forward to your upcoming content :).

    -Meghna

    www.penintobattle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Meghna that comment means so much! I also like rather humorous poetry about days that truly do stink-- I find them relatable and uplifting, since what you really need on a bad day is a smile :) I'm glad I was able to being a smile to your day! <3

      Delete