Day 2- DIY Gift: Christmas Soap

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Christmas gifts are so fun to make, but so hard to think of! This year, for all of my friends I made peppermint soap. My sisters and I made it into a Sunday afternoon project, and now I have a thoughtful, homemade gift for all my friends that was fun, easy, and inexpensive to make! The recipe we used is here.


Also, instead of buying a soap mold, we simply used cupcake pans and oiled them generously with coconut oil, and it worked out great! We also skipped the red dye, and instead crushed some candy canes and mixed them into the soap, and then sprinkled a few pieces on the top.


Our gift tags were hand-made with stamps and some christmas scrapbooking paper that you can buy in bulk at Michaels. We wrapped each soap bar with cellophane and then tied on the tag with gold ribbon. I highly recommend making this thoughtful gift for friends and family- it is such a great gift!



2 comments :

  1. These look awesome! I want to make some right now but I am quite the busy bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! you should make it when you get the chance- they are such a fun project!

      Delete