Day 10- Advent Brunch

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, ten lords-a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids-a-milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, five golden rings, four mocking bids, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

My church hosts an annual Advent Brunch for all the women in the church at a very fancy hotel in our town. During the brunch, a couple women from the church share their stories, and it is very inspiring. My mother usually goes, but this year she had to take my aunt to chemo, because she is having treatment, so she gave me her ticket instead. I was one of the youngest there, and I felt very honored to get to partake in the tradition on behalf of my mom. In respect for the women's privacy, I'm not going to repeat any of their testimonies, but I will say that it was very inspiring and amazing. The food was SO GOOD- it was by far the fanciest breakfast I'd ever eaten, and in my nice winter dress and surrounded by women in heels and skirts, with waiters asking my if I'd like peppermint tea, I felt a little like a princess, or Annie, or something. It was such a special occasion.












No comments :

Post a Comment