Lizard's Mouth

As many of you know, Yesterday was Veteran's Day here in the U.S.A., which means that I got the day off of school! I had a perfectly wonderful day, ice skating, Michaels, an epic Super Smash battle with the neighbors. But one of my favorite parts of the day came at the very end. I got to go on a hike with my youth group to Lizard's Mouth. 

I figure I'd better give you some background on what and where Lizard's Mouth is, so here you go. Lizard's Mouth is essentially a large, rocky part of the mountains that is open for hiking. There's really no set trail or path, you sort of just climb. There are times when you have to jump big crevasses, or crawl through small caves. It's pretty much like everybody's dream of adventuring. And when you climb up to the actual lizard's mouth, which is a big rock that is shaped like a lizard's mouth, you have a beautiful view of the coastline and the sunset. You can see the whole city, my home, stretched out in front of you.You have an unobstructed view of the sky above, and behind you is a massive drop, and mountains in the background. It's exhilarating. 

My youth group and I all climbed up there and watched as the sun dropped below the horizon, huddling into blankets and coats and each other as the sun disappeared, leaving us in the cold. We had five minutes of silence, where we all just sort of sat and contemplated God's amazingness, which is pretty obvious to see up there. At Lizard's Mouth it is perfectly silent, and all you can hear is the rustling of coats as the wind rushes past you. Then, when the sun had set and the stars were out and it was time to go back, we all got ourselves hopelessly lost with nothing but flashlights and the hope of car heaters and In n Out burger to keep us going. Miraculously we actually found our way out, and I am still surprised honestly. Because in the dark, one boulder looks pretty much like the rest. But enough of me rambling, let's see some pictures!










No comments :

Post a Comment