How I pack my Art Supplies

So I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow and packing up my art supplies, so I thought it might be fun to do a quick tutorial type thing for all my artsy viewers who like to travel. So here you are.

So here's all the stuff I consider vital art materials- like as important as water and toothbrushes and books. Sketchbook (duh), a few sketching pencils (I like 2B, HB, and 2H, but your preference), a Micron Pen (whatever size you like) a kneaded eraser (an amazing thing really), a normal eraser, a small manual pencil sharpener, and a set of colored pencils (I'm bringing my new Primsa Colors!!! I'm still freaking out about them obviously).

          
So for the erasers and pencil sharpener, I put them in this teensy little box that a necklace came in-I save all my little containery things like this by the way, because they always come in handy. Just be careful not to mush your kneaded eraser to your regular eraser, because I've learned the hard way that it will NEVER come off.



My sketching pencils and Micron Pen all go in this fancy little bag thing I found at Art from Scrap. You can sew yourself one of these (they are pretty simple really, just a bag with two pockets) or you can put your pencils and pen in another similar small bag.

Then I put all my colored pencils in this pencil pouch I got a long time ago- I'm sure you could find something similar for a good price anywhere with office supplies.


Then I put the box with the erasers and pencil sharpener and the fancy bag thing all in the pencil pouch with the colored pencils and zipped it up

And there you have it, that's how I pack my art supplies. It all fits in pretty neatly don't you think? Anyways I might have it all figured out for the art stuff but don't ask me how I pack these monster books I like to read because I honestly don't know. Cramming them in is quite a project and usually leaves me with a tired shoulder after having to carry it around in the bag all day, but hey, it's an essential right? Can't leave home without it. :)


P.S. plug for this book- read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy the whole series it's amazing so read it. 


No comments :

Post a Comment