My New Art Books

So I got to purchase two new art books, which I am so excited about. Personally I love art books because they give me so much inspiration and always make me want to improve my drawing. So the art books I bought are Fantasy Art Drawing Skills by Socar Myles, and Dreamscapes Magical Menagerie by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. I am especially excited about the Dreamscapes one because I already have the first one, which is just called Dreamscapes, and Stephanie Pui-Mun Law is one of my favorite artists! I simply love her work. I am enjoying both of the books so far, the first one is very informative and has inspiring styles I've never tried before. I really like how Socar Myles makes his work very connected- a lot of the times the piece looks as if it is all one line that weaves itself into different forms and shapes and figures. I think it has a really beautiful and mystical effect. The second one is a great companion to the first Dreamscapes book- the tips can help you create more detailed scenes with more depth that tell a more intricate story. Overall I love both of these books!

Check out Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's website here

Check out Socar Myles' website here



No comments :

Post a Comment